SOREX digital cylinder SMART
Quick Starting Guide
This quick starting guide will show how to set up the SOREX digital cylinder SMART and how to configure user cards. More Information can be received by contacting our support hotline.
Installing the cylinder on the door
1. Separate the knob on the outside from the cylinder.
2. Insert the cylinder into the keyhole (Figure 1). To do this, turn the nose of the screw on the outside of the cylinder downward.
3. Fix the cylinder using the long screw included with the cylinder (Figure 2).
4. Attach the knob to the cylinder again (Figure 3).
5. Using the hex key included with the cylinder, fix the knob on the cylinder slightly.
Adding user cards
1. Hold the management card near the reader. You will hear two low sounds, followed by two high sounds.
2. Within ca. 5 seconds, hold the user card you want to add near the reader. You will hear a high pitched sound to confirm that the card was successfully added.
Remove user cards
To remove a card that was previously added, simply follow the same steps as you were adding a new card. You will hear two high pitched sounds to confirm that the card was successfully removed.
Factory Default (remove all cards)
To remove all cards and revert the device to factory default settings, you need to access the management button, which you can find in the inside of the knob on the inside of the cylinder. To remove the cover, fix the rotatable plate of the knob using the wrench included with the cylinder and unfasten the cover. Hold the button, until you hear four high sounds. The device was now reverted to factory default settings.
Please note: This will also remove the management card! To re-add it again, press the management button (you will hear a single high sound) and hold the new management card near the reader. You will now hear another high sound to confirm that the management card was successfully re-added.
WARNING: If you intend to use multiple SMART products with the same set of user cards, you may only use a single management card for all devices. To do this, reset all of them and add the same management card to each device.